If Oswald wasn't Kennedy's assassin, why did he leave the Texas School Book Depository shortly after… by Tony Garcia
Answer by Tony Garcia:
You are under the mistaken impression that no one other than Lee Harvey Oswald left the Texas School Book Depository at the time of President Kennedy’s assassination. The following persons who also worked at TSBD left the building without notifying building supervisor Roy Truly:
- Danny Arce, 18, left at 1:00 pm, accompanied by the police, to go to City Hall.
- Carolyn Arnold, 20, left at 12:25 pm and did not return.
- Virgie Rachley, 18, left at 11:45 am and returned at 12:40 pm but was denied entry.
- Jack Carson, 56, president of TSBD, left at 12:10 pm and did not return.
- Betty Drago, 27, left at 12:20 pm but found the door locked when she returned. She stayed outside TSBD until 2:30 pm before going home.
- Buell Wesley Frazier, 19, famously gave Oswald a lift to work that day. He left TSBD between 1:00 and 2:00 pm, about the same time Truly claims he made his roll call.
- Charles Givens, 38, returned to TSBD after the shooting but was refused entry by a Dallas policeman. An APB was put out for him, and he was later interviewed at City Hall by Captain Will Fritz. Truly was aware of Given’s absence, having seen him prior to the assassination. Truly also saw Oswald prior to his encounter with him in the second-floor lunchroom. Using that logic, Oswald should have been exonerated as well.
- Gloria Holt, 18, left at 12:10 pm and did not return.
- Stella Jacob, 20, left at noon and did not return.
- Judy Johnson, 20, was standing outside TSBD when the shooting began. She remained in the area until 2:00 pm then went home.
- Dolores Kounas, 32, left at 12:15 pm and stayed outside until 3:00 pm.
- Sharon Nelson, 19, left at 12:20 pm and never returned. She lived at 409 East 9th Street, near the site where Officer J.D. Tippit was gunned down.
- Roberta Parker, 55, left at a time unknown, and said she wasn’t allowed back in until 3:30 pm.
- Bonnie Richey, 20, left the building at 12:20 pm and never returned.
- Lloyd Viles, 41, left at 12:15 pm and returned at 2:55 pm.
- Vida Whatley, 45, left at 12:15 pm to go shopping. She tried to re-enter TSBD at 1:00 pm but was denied entry by the police. She went home.
- Bonnie Ray Williams, 20, accompanied Arce to the police station at 1:00 pm.